Patent #7,373,694 B1
The SP-3 Grab Bar offers the best protection against falls among ligature resistant grab bars because it provides the most secure grip for patient support. It also has outstanding ligature resistance, including sloped flanges to guard against attachment left-to-right along the length of the grab bar. The SP-3 is suitable for use in showers and other wet environments. Drain grooves are available for enhanced drainage.
We stock 12″, 18″, 24″, 30″, 36″, 42″, and 48″ nominal lengths. Custom lengths are available from 6 inches to 12 feet.
- Dimensions: Nominal length is center-to-center of mounting holes. (Graspable length = nominal – 1.25″. Overall length = nominal + 3/4″.) 5-1/4″ height x 3-1/4″ projection from wall.
- Material: 3/16″ thick 6063 T6 AL grip area, welded 5/16″ cast AL flanges
- Finish: 2 Options
- SC: Silver powder coat with clear protective top coat
- WA: White antimicrobial powder coat
- Codes/Standards: ADA compliant.
- Drainage: The joint between the wall and the grab bar is not watertight, but drain grooves are available for faster draining.
- Grooves are 1/8” wide x 1/8” deep
- The grooves are discretely located in the corners so that they do not become a target for tampering
- Acute angle prevents objects from being pushed through the groove
- Installation: Requires six 1/4-20 security fasteners, not included. A center support bracket is included for grab bars longer than 4′. The SP-3 Grab Bar is designed for horizontal installation only.